· · · send your science questions my way ... roberts.random.science@gmail.com · · ·


Monday, January 25, 2010

I totes had a case of the Mondays

Hi everyone – Happy Monday!

Sorry for the late post, but I was just very busy today and I am still recovering from my weekend in NYC. Here is a very quick, basic and fun fact:

The San Andreas fault runs north-south through California. It is about 800 miles long and is the fault that causes so many earthquakes out there (reason #5454687 why I will never move to the west coast). This plates on either side of this fault slip past each other (right-lateral strike-slip) and actually move about 2 inches every year. This movement has gone on since the earth was created and will not be stopping any time soon. That means in about 15 million years, LA and San Fran will end up merging into one another.

And here is a little more info for you...
(I need an accent - it always makes a person just sound smarter)

No comments:

Post a Comment